Don’t Try To Settle Your Water Damage Claims On Your Own, Team Up With A Public Adjuster

If your commercial building or home has any kind of water damage, it can be a disaster. Not only will money be of a concern, but you may also lose your precious personal items. It can be a very frustrating, and for some people, it can take a significant amount of time to recover. You may not be aware of the different ways water damage can occur. At least 25 percent of businesses that close due to flooding, never reopen.


Rain, of course, is probably the most obvious offender of flooding. When it rains, there can be several bodies of water flowing through your home or building. If your home is located in an area that is prone to floods, you should seek out insurance that will cover floods. Flood insurance is available for homeowners as well as commercial owners or renters. Standard policies do not cover floods and therefore, you must have a policy specifically to cover floods. If you ever need to file an insurance claim because of water damage, a good public adjuster will help you get the settlement you deserve.

How Else Can Water Damage Occur?

  • Kitchen or bathroom equipment that leaks

  • Pipes that are broken

  • Water heater leaks

  • Water intrusion

Sometimes, an insurance company will do whatever it can in an attempt to prove that it does not have to cover the things you loss in the water damage. This is why a good public adjuster is necessary.

What Steps Should You Take To Ensure Your Losses Will Be Covered?

  • If your home or office has been damaged due to water, you should have documentation of all the damages. Taking thorough pictures is an excellent way to document your damages.

  • Before you contact your insurance company, you should check your insurance policy thoroughly. If you do not understand your policy, a public adjuster can help interpret what all the jargon means in a way you will better understand.

Use The Proper Terms

When it comes to insurance companies, there may be limited uses for certain terms like the word “flood”. Since standard insurance policies do not cover floods caused by a river, if you put the word “flood” on any part of your insurance claim, you may risk the chance of getting your claim filed. For this reason, when you experience a loss, you should seek out a public adjuster for proper advice- this is what we do.

Insurance companies will often try to put the onus back on the owner and say that the flood came from poorly maintaining the property. They may attempt to prove that your leaky appliances or equipment or burst pipes was not an accident. Do not accept those claims from your insurance company when you know your water damage was not done on purpose. You deserve to receive your claim check for the damages the water caused.

Contact us for why using a public adjuster for your water damages can help you get what you are entitled to.

Featured Posts
Posts are coming soon
Stay tuned...
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square